Junior Software Engineer
For projects: Project Manager
Line Manager: Program
Computaris, an R Systems Group company, offers the highest level of telecom expertise in the area of real-time rating and charging, messaging, provisioning, mediation, subscriber data management, mobile broadband data policy management, loyalty and churn management.
Join us: http://www.computaris.com/about
Main purpose of the job
The employee will be involved in software development projects in the field of mobile telephony, mobile commerce, telecoms messaging and telecoms interworking using state-of-the-art technologies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and specification:
o Can update an existing design document with the detailed design strictly for the area he/she implemented
o Implements, tests and debugs a project feature of limited scope.
o Understands existing implementations with mentoring
o Works according to agreed project plans. Adhere to Computaris time reporting and other administrative procedures using Computaris’ tools for this purpose.
o Limited proficiency in tools, programming and debugging techniques, but learns rather fast how to use them.
- Bugs: candidate is able to find root cause and fix simple bugs in the scope of the project
- Technical documentation; candidate is able to document features implemented by him/her
- Customer support: candidate is able to provide support on features implemented by him/her
- Develop software according to agreed budgets with high quality, following Computaris quality standards based on ISO 9001.
- Agree and execute a Staff Development Concept to constantly improve professional skills relevant to Computaris business.
- Mandatory availability to take part in an out of hours third-level support rota, when required to do so by Computaris.
Other team members, team leaders, project manager, system architect, directors, customer’s staff involved in each project, staff of associated companies
- A good university degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Minimum 2 years full-time working experience in an IT company after completing your degree.
- Experience with software development in Java and Unix. C/C++ and Oracle – nice to have.
- Experience with high performance systems and computer communications protocols.
- Experience with systematic software development methodologies.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Highly motivated and ability to work in small teams.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Experience with contact to customers.
Knowledge of J2EE, Corba, Application Servers, Web GUI Programming.
- Competitive remuneration.
- Flexible and professional working environment.
- International projects with professional growth and travel opportunities.
- Work in a young and dynamic team.
- Laptop and mobile phone (including an agreed monthly amount for personal calls).
- Various trainings, courses and certifications opportunities, company granted.
- 1 additional holiday day /employment year celebration on Computaris
- 3 days of sick/year without medical proof.
- Frequent team-buildings and social events.
- Relaxation and games room in the office space.
- Comfortable working environment.
- Sport subscription.