OBJECTIVE OF THE JOB
• Core Network Topology Design.
• Node and Link Dimensioning.
• Core Network Impact studies and Technical plans.
• Core Network Performance studies.
• Core Network TOL creation and implementation
• IREG testing/updating/troubleshooting
• Delivery of a consultancy service to network operators.
• Delivery of Customer Configuration Requirement form.
• Delivery of Configuration Data Files.
• Good understanding of technical requirements for core network design for instance: architecture, scalability, redundancy, security or load balancing.
• Be familiar with the design of core networks for GSM/UMTS networks, including dimensioning.
• Core network design experience.
• Good knowledge of GSM/UMTS architecture.
• Deep knowledge (detailed parameters) of the different types of Ericsson's products and product packages related to the core networks.
• Be familiar with the Ericsson's service layer portfolio.
• Have enough knowledge about the general security concepts in order to provide secure architectures and to provide security audits.
• Ability to learn quickly new systems and their impact and requirements on the Core networks.
• Test and integrate new node, feature or SW release in the customer test network.
• Test Object Lists have to be created which assures correct functionality of the new node / feature / service but also that assures that existing services / features / processes are not affected.
• Testing has to be done End-to-End, meaning using real terminals and listening to the calls and evaluate voice quality (so from customer point of view) as well as the entire chain of the service (so from the operator point of view) like billing, performance and statistics.
• In case of issues, trouble shooting skills are required. Troubleshooting tools are available (like, but not limited to Agilent, Trace PC (Wire Shark).
• Planning IREG Year plan implementation: Opening/changing/closing roaming partners. This consists of administration, creation of work orders (for all platforms), execution of roaming tests, troubleshooting/tracing, and coordination of launches
• IR21 Updating: Coordination, administration and handling of IR21 updates, adapting roaming partner implementation in accordance with IR21 update (work order creation).
• Operate: Troubleshooting (tracing/analyzing) roaming issues
• Roaming/MVNO/ISR related requests (small): Implementation (work order creation) of small requests related to roaming/ISR/MVNO, e.g. new ISR IMSI ranges (data transcript), new ISR/MNVO APNs (DNS).
• Familiarity with existing Ericsson's IMS solutions.
• Experience with Cisco ITP nodes(specially 7600 chassis)
• Guide trainees by on-job training, job aids and workshops.
• Available for abroad travels.
• At least 4 years working experience in the core network implementation area.
• True customer mindset.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to work under strong pressure related to scale of business impact.
• Take initiatives and make decisions.
• Collect, check and execute all necessary network information to achieve the assigned tasks.
DETAILED TECHNICAL COMPETENCE
• Identify and solve defined/undefined problems utilizing existing procedures/techniques/methods.
• Prepare and update documentation according to specific requirements.
• Ericsson MKVIII SGSN/MME (with pooling) running 2012A software
• E/// MSC-BC (with pooling) running software 13A
• Cisco ITP 7613 platform
• Infoblox DNS
• Openet PCRF
• Roamware SMS Welcome platform
• JDSU Access7 tracing
• Netscout Data tracing
• Tooling used:
• Work order tool (in house developed, explained during on-site KT)
• Netscout Data monitoring
• Applications via Citrix, e.g.:Remedy 7/Boxi, Putty, E2E tooling
• Familiar with Testing, troubleshooting and Integration activities in Core networks (specifically on the systems mentioned below).
• Thorough knowledge of E/// MSC-S, including Blade Cluster (13A release)
• Thorough knowledge of E/// MGW
• Working knowledge of Cisco ITP’s, CCNA certification or equivalent knowledge required.
• Working knowledge of ACME Packet SBC’s
• Working knowledge on One2Many CBC platform
• Working knowledge of E/// HLR-FE/CUDB solutions.
• Working knowledge on JDSU Access7 tracing/monitoring system, including Lantaps
• Working knowledge on RAN nodes like EVO Controllers, E/// RNC and BSC, RadioAccess IP access BSC, Huawei RNC
• Core Network software releases (like MSSR13A on the MSC-Blade Clusters)
• Point of Interconnect introductions (new interconnects) or migrations (to another locations or from “classic” TDM towards IP)
Bachelor of science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Information Systems or equivalent with minimum of 2 to 4 years of work experience.
• Fluent in written and spoken English.
• Additional language skills is a plus.
• Result oriented
• Flexible and responsive to changing work patterns and demands
• Good skills in interpersonal communication.
• Developed skills in knowledge sharing by actively contributing knowledge.
PLACE OF WORK
• Global Service Center Ericsson Romania (Bucharest)